To Work From Home or Not To Work From Home Let's Poll!

More than half a year has passed since people are working remotely from the comfort of their homes. All this came into effect due to the rise in the coronavirus pandemic. Work from home has become a new normal for many individuals that came as a relief from those long and exhausting office hours. The question arises: To work from home or not to work from home? Let’s see.

With the start of the first-quarter, many small industries along with big giants took a sensible step in making all their workers/employees work remotely throughout the covid crisis or forever. Companies arranged infrastructure and other support for the employees to work effectively during the lockdown, so why not keep up with the same workflow?

Undoubtedly, work from home has helped many organizations to survive the lockdown phase by providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. But many companies are a bit puzzled whether this remote or semi-remote workforce will be a good option in the future.

Let’s explain this with some data that we have aggregated to help you make the right decision for your company. These findings are the thoughts and perspectives of the workers as it depends on them that they could be able to move on with a new reality or not.

Work From Home Survey Data Says Most People Are Happy

Work From Home Survey Data Says Most People Are Happy

Remote work brings positivity and a flexible working environment. This data shows working remotely is beneficial.

  • According to polls, around 66% of people feel that their productivity in their respective fields has increased significantly by working from home.
  • 14% say that they are more satisfied as remote workers than non-remote ones.
  • Some remote employees experienced an improvement in their daily tasks due to the flexible and pleasant state of comfort.
  • In one survey the people say that they are not only paid well but also getting good opportunities from their company to advance their careers.

On the other side, the sudden coronavirus outbreak has been a challenge for some to do their job successfully. This could be the reason for the productivity drop. But before getting to any conclusion, listen to what non-remote work people have to say. 

Not Everyone Can Work From Home

Of all the remote workers questioned, more than a few said that working from home has not been a good experience for them. They are less interested in working remotely than often. That happens because of the non-familiarity with the workspace. Here are some stats regarding it.

  • A huge contradiction found in the views of people who miss their coffee breaks with their colleagues and other office staff, and those who don’t.
  • Maintaining a personal and professional life becomes a matter of concern when working from home. For 55% of people, it is easy to balance it, but the other 45% feel it is hard for them to manage.
  • The bitter truth about work from home is the inability to get free from work that 66% of people agree with.

It’s also worth mentioning that people who are now working remotely are doing so only to get the jobs done in time, not because their employer likes it.

Can work from home be the future of work?

Can work from home be the future of work

There is still a doubt whether work from home can be adopted as a future work or go in old ways. It has the potential to stay after the pandemic as many people have started seeing it as a way of life and also liking it.

The thing that troubles employers is their concern in getting a job done when employees weren’t in front of them. That’s probably because of the face time culture in public places that leads to the work assignments.

This could be the reason for which employers don’t let their staff do work from home either full-time or part-time and have returned to their old ways.

For getting more insights on this dispute, you can use the online polling tool developed by PollDeep. This Polling tool comes with lots of out-of-the-box features to help you with useful information.


There you go– Work from home might look less exhausting and much more convenient, still it has some drawbacks associated with it. It is hard to determine which is suitable for a person as both have their own pros and cons. Two certainties – either work from home will become a normal way for future work or people return to the standard ways.

If you like the post then don’t hesitate to share it on social media or email. For any questions, do comment below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>